Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Use Our Real Estate Expertise to Your Advantage

Our mission at Pelican Real Estate is to be your best resource for real estate advice. Whether you are a buyer, seller, or investor, our team of professionals can answer any questions you might have about real estate. Subscribe to this blog to get the latest news on local market trends and receive expert tips for buying or selling a home.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Joys of Working With Pelican Real Estate



I’m happy to announce that I have accepted the position of Director of Sales for Pelican Real Estate. I want to talk to you about why I chose Pelican and why you should too.

Those of you who know me know that core values and culture are extremely important to me. When I came down here and started meeting with the people at Pelican, I was in love right out of the gate. Why?

The first reason was loyalty. This business has been around since 1996, and most of the agents that started here have stayed here. That’s unusual in this industry, and it got me wondering why they stay here. They did it out of loyalty. Loyalty is important in both the company we keep and who we choose to work with. That means you, too.

The second thing that impressed me was that though my research had shown that a lot of big-name franchises had bought up the majority of smaller family-owned companies in the area, Pelican was still family-owned. Bill Smith, the company’s founder, refused to be bought. We now have nine offices in Northwest Florida that have survived two decade’s worth of ups and downs.
It’s a beautiful place to live, with beautiful people to work with.
The third thing that impressed me was that everyone I met at Pelican had a servant’s heart. What do I mean by that? I mean people like our managing broker, Ron Jones, who helps abused women and children and assists with addiction recovery initiatives. I’ve met other agents, too, who’ve worked with Homes for Heroes and raised money for medical research. These are people who give their time, not just their money. They’re out there in the community and care deeply about it by taking the time to educate themselves about its varying market.

Lastly, Bill and Shelly Smith care deeply for the agents that work for them. They’ve spent their own resources and money to make sure they have all kinds of support. Whether it’s contract support, legal support, or education about the real estate industry, we have a dedicated team that’s managed to reach up to 50,000 people through social media.

I’m extremely excited to be a part of this organization, and I don’t pick lightly. I’ve been in the industry for many years, coaching and working with many offices, brokerages, and franchises around the world. This choice was a no-brainer. It’s a beautiful place to live, with beautiful people to work with.

If you’re thinking about selling your home or buying a home in the Santa Rosa Beach area, call Pelican and talk to one of our agents. If you’re not sure who, click on the links below or just give me a call. If there is a particular subject you’d like to hear me talk about, just let me know.